View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #93
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Bummed out, because I don't trust Dropbox or any of the cloud services to store my stuff. I just don't see it as dependable in the long run. I paid for all that extra gig on my devices, and I want to use it!
My approach has ended up being to export my library from Calibre into a folder tree on my hard drive (e.g. /ePub/<Author>/<Series>/<Title>, then I used the "FileBrowser" app to copy the folder (and contents) to my iPad. That did take a while to copy, but I now have them 'locally' on the iPad and FileBrowser can "Open In..." them to send them to the various readers that I have installed.

You're limited to the folder organisation for browsing, and there's only the manual update option for adding books, but I do have access to them when not online...

Last edited by gwynevans; 10-13-2011 at 02:03 PM.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote