View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Robertb, I have a quick question about charging the Pocket Pro... you've mentioned charging it overnight, but I've read it only takes a few hours to charge it. Once it's fully charged, why does it need to continue charging before being used? I don't know much about technical things, so maybe this is just something you need to do with all electronics and computers... but I've been curious. When I'm able to get mine, it will be hard to be patient for a whole nuther day to wait while it charges!
In reality, Batteries never reach 100%. The charge curve is always approaching 100%. We just call it 100% for human purposes.
A good charger never never charges and then disables. It checks, and "tops off". A new system need time to establish these points, so best practices says: "Charge overnight", I found it did take over 8 hours using the wall charger, to see the "Pull plug" symbol.

You can play with your new PEz while tethered to the wall or PC USB, but give it a good charge before flashing with the latest firmware (which improves battery runtime).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote