View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akd44145 View Post
I am SURE you see this post or something like it all the time.

But I am a new owner of a kindle 2. And as I have been exploring it and looking around to see what's what...I have stumbled upon a question I hope you can answer - or at least point me in the right direction.

I have three libraries near me. Alll three have Mobipocket eBooks. One also offers Adobe eBooks. And one just recently started offering some EPUB files.

Can I get any of these to work on the Kindle 2?

On a side note...I would most like ot be able to do this from my Mac laptop but if I have to - I can use our desktop PC if that makes any difference.

Thank you for nay help, advice, and guidance you can offer!
Adobe on Kindle = No
Epub on Kindle = No
Mobipocket = Maybe. If your library uses the Overdrive servers for their Mobipocket books you can get them on the Kindle with a little work. If they use the Mobipocket servers, then those books will NOT work on the Kindle.

The Kindle is more for purchasers of books (more content on Amazon and lowest prices more often than not). There are also lots a free books being given away almost daily and books in the Public Domain that are available for free all over the place.

If you haven't had the chance, read through your User Guide (it's on the Kindle 2) then click through the links in my sig for tips and tricks on how to use your new Kindle to it's fullest.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote