View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #272
JNT
Connoisseur
JNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic something

Device: KT / K4NT / T62D / T68
Can this be used on a new black K4NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I have added a universal payload that should work with multiple kindles, if installed at /var/local/system/mntus.params, using whatever method is available for that device. For the K4NT and Touch, I have provided a data.tar.gz that contains my "universal" payload which launches RUNME.sh on the USB drive if it exists and there is not a RUNME.done file. The launcher creates a RUNME.done file before starting RUNME.sh, so that it will only run one time. To activate it so it can run again, delete RUNME.done from the USB Drive.

From the diagnostics menu, active USB Device Mode from the menu. Then copy RUNME.sh (from the zip file) and data.tar.gz onto the kindle USB drive.
Before I try this method (data.tar.gz plus RUNME.sh), I am trying to understand how it works. I looked at "mntus.params" in data.tar.gz. For the K4 it lists the serial number first characters as "B00E", but mine starts with "B023". Will this work on mine?
JNT is offline   Reply With Quote