View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
As for the cover image, how do I find out which of the two is the issue? For one of the books that I have the cover problem with, I tried opening it in Calibre, and the very first page is the cover, nice and big.
What does the cover page look like when you go to it in the book on the Glo? Is it full screen, centered or what? That is what the device is using for the cover image.
Quote:
Also, I do have a Glo, how would I go about checking if it does store images at a different size?
With the Glo connected, look in the directory ".kobo\images" on the device. There will be one or more files for each book. The image file names are made up of the full path of the book on the device, plus different suffixes. The book I am currently reading has, with their sizes:

file____mnt_onboard_Niven,_Larry_Protector_-_Larry_Niven_epub - N3_LIBRARY_GRID.parsed
file____mnt_onboard_Niven,_Larry_Protector_-_Larry_Niven_epub - N3_FULL.parsed
file____mnt_onboard_Niven,_Larry_Protector_-_Larry_Niven_epub - N3_LIBRARY_FULL.parsed

The size are 149*198, 600*800 and 355*473 respectively. The images are generated as needed, so some of the might be missing. With previous firmware, there were a couple of other versions as well. The files are just jpegs with a strange extension.

And I have just discovered something new in the new firmware. The 2.0.0 firmware did not create the "N3_FULL" version. But, 2.1.4 does. A little testing and I found that the "N3_FULL" version is only created when the "Full screen" option is selected in the settings. Otherwise I think it uses the "N3_LIBRARY_FULL" version centred on the screen.

Another difference is that the images are not stored for files on the SD card. It has been a while since I looked, but I am sure that 2.0.0 did store them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote