View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps worth checking out the Kobo forum here, first. Some people do seem to have significant issues with the Kobo.
That being said, I prefer Kobo's bookstore over Sony's, and even over Amazon's. For some reason, the books seem . . . brighter and with better fonts.

I've been using my Droid Bionic as my ebook reader lately, and being Android, I have my pick of sources for ebooks. I bought Nathan Lowell's "Half Share" from Amazon and "Full Share" from Kobo. And the font from Amazon seems cluttered and less pleasant to read, and I couldn't figure out how to change fonts, while the one from Kobo, seemed to have better spacing and a 'cleaner' font. Plus it gave me the opportunity to change the font if I wanted to.

I still have my Sony 350, but my son has developed an interest in ereading, so I've been thinking about maybe getting a larger reader, my eyes are finally starting to show their age. I'm thinking about either going with Kobo because I like their bookstore, or with a 7" Android tablet. (leaning towards Google Nexus rather than Amazon, I really like the freedom Android gives me for source material).

I hate the Sony Bookstore! The worst part of the Sony experience. Well, then too, while the build quality is superb, I don't believe the premium you pay for a Sony is worth the increase in quality.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote