View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #19
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Jerry from Ectaco forum said me that the PDF document contained image masks that were not downsampled.

It seems that the "image masks" are a way Acrobat has of producing holes inside of transparent objects for other objects to shine through.

They tried to reoptimize without success.

Anyway he will pass this problem to the technical staff.

As workaround he suggests to convert it in jpeg but I think it is not a good think. I instead prefer to do:
Code:
pdf2ps problem.pdf p.ps
ps2pdf p.ps without-problem.pdf
rm p.ps
New "without-problem.pdf" will be bigger than "problem.pdf" but it will be a pdf with text and image and not simply a image-only pdf (so you can perform a text-search, for example)
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote