View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
. . . if I enjoy a text with ad placement I click the send monies button as soon as I can(so that the ads are removed) . . .
I'm not aware of authors who now work like this. Any names?

Even if it is working for a few authors, that doesn't mean it would work as a commonplace method of author payment. I might be marginally generous enough to make a contribution to a seemingly deserving software or book author once every year or two, but I'm not about to do it several times a month.

However, I don't want to come down too hard on you. I believe you are genuinely trying to come up with workable ways to compensate authors in a world without DRM and in which piracy is risk-free. At least you don't try to claim that if publishers ignore piracy, lower their prices, and take away DRM, authors can then live off of voluntarily paid low prices.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote