View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Sigil User Guide beta

As user_none mentioned the Sigil User Guide is completely new. The EPUB and Mobi versions of the beta guide are attached to this post to go along with the HTML version.

In fact, I wrote the guide using Sigil. It made sense that an EPUB editor should have an EPUB book for a manual, and it was a great way to test out 0.6.0, learn Sigil from a user perspective, and learn about writing/editing a book. While fun, I wouldn't recommend writing and editing at the same time, especially about software that's changing as you write and where you're one of those changing it.

So in addition to trying to crash the beta or ask about why the code does this and not that, I'd appreciate it if you can comment on the User Guide. In particular if anything is not correct/doesn't match what the code does, but also if anything is missing or isn't clear, or if there's a spelling or typo (this is MobileRead after all). And since this is also an example EPUB book feel free to look at the HTML code and CSS and let me know if anything should be changed or might work better one way instead of another. PM me directly if you don't want to post.

Oh, and the complete list of changes is in the Changelog as usual. There are still a few open items that'll be worked on during the beta that we didn't get into this first release - in particular remembering cursor position in the new Book View, and displaying SVG files in Book View - they work fine in Preview.

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: epub Sigil_User_Guide_0_6_0.epub (5.24 MB, 685 views)
File Type: mobi Sigil_User_Guide_0_6_0.mobi (4.90 MB, 249 views)

Last edited by meme; 06-08-2012 at 02:07 AM.