View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #301
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.7.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add a "Fix..." menu moving the Check & fix file sizes and Cleanup OPF folders options into.
  • Add a "Swap author FN LN <-> LN,FN" menu item for working with selected book(s)
  • Change the "Check authors with commas" check so requires only one of a multi-author book to have commas

A couple of these came up from the plugin ideas thread. The main being a feature allowing you to flip between FN LN and LN, FN or vice versa for the selected books (I suggest you assign a keyboard shortcut). So if like me when you add books you find the author is the wrong way around it saves a lot of manual typing. It also works with multiple author names as well, like:
Fred Bloggs & Barney Rubble -> Bloggs, Fred & Rubble, Barney

Note that in determining the surname there is no special logic handling suffixes like Jr etc, there are way too many permutations to be bothered with. But for the overwhleming majority of (english) author names it will suffice.

I was in two minds about adding this feature to this particular plugin, since it works on selected books rather than scanning your library like the various Check... features do. However Since this plugin does have checks already to find author names that do or do not have commas, I think it is not unreasonable to also have the ability to remedy it since such a feature does not exist elsewhere. Besides, it is my plugin and I want the feature.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote