View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Without overly BEATING A DEAD HORSE, and without a lot of side-nonsense about piracy and so forth, can we talk about how it makes people feel when their hoped-for backlist items come out at (what they feel is) a prohibitive price? I'd be interested to hear about that from a brand-loyalty perspective, if nothing else.
To be perfectly honest, I just don't sweat it that much. I prefer ebooks for their convenience, but I have no particular aversion to buying dead-trees if need be (especially if they're ridonkulously cheaper). I'm not a collector, though--nor a re-reader of fiction--so I tend to go with what makes financial sense at the time and skip the wailing and gnashing of teeth (not that that's what you've done) over the injustice of it all. There's a lot of backlist items that I'd love to read (regardless of the medium), but I can wait... or buy used paper. *shrugs*
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote