View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #101
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IorekB View Post
If one was to have a look into the series, what ebook edition (epub) would you recommand? I noticed that both the UK (Voyager) and US (Bantam) editions are available at my favorite ebook store (the UK one being slightly more expensive).

I did a bit of research on the web - it would seem that the first ebook editions (both US and UK), especially of tome 1, did contain quite a few typos/errors. Apparently, both publishers have released new editions being proofread properly and cleaned up. Are you in the know of any reasons to prefer one over the other?
Well I'm reading the US versions now (I'm on book 4) and I haven't noticed any typos or errors so I'm not sure how the UK publisher could have improved upon it. One thing that I've noticed though while reading them on my Sony prs-350 is that the margins are thicker than other epubs that I've read so perhaps the formatting is better with the UK version. Other than that perhaps they ran the books through a UK spell checker so it may come down to whether you prefer colour vs color.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote