View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #98
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Few and far between? You've got to be kidding me! He travels extensively throughout the year. Outside of booksigning tours he's at every *Con... pimping everything from miniature figurines to calendars to the various role-playing games. And that doesn't include his personal vacations. He's away from his writing desk for many months out of the year (and he's admitted he can only write at home). His schedule wasn't nearly so hectic when the first few books were being written. That's what's changed.

Look; I don't begrudge him his increasing popularity (or the demands for his physical presence at everyone's events), but let's be honest here... that's exactly what's making it take so long to get these written—it's not the story demanding more and more of his attention. It's his adoring public...

... and editing his Wild-Card series...
... and writing new Dunk & Egg novellas (in fact he's under contract for one right now)...
... and both New York NFL teams.
Writing is his job. How much time do you spend on your job and how much do you spend watching TV or reading or playing video games or whatever?

He's a got a right to spend his extra time however he wants. And that's apparently sports. I don't like sports myself but it's his choice. Book tours are part of the job also (they help make money).
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote