View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #89
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Sufue, I don't really understand what that all means. By "set" are they referring to a certain number of pages? And if it's $99.99 for up to 50 sets, how do they figure that is a $150.00 value if the sets only cost $1 each, or perhaps $2 if you include the extra dollar for the OCR?

And there's no rollover. I guess that means you would have to send all 50 sets and have them done in the same month or else you lose out? That is all very weird.

I'm surprised it is set up as a subscription rather than just having some pre-paid plans where you can buy the conversion of a certain number of books/pages without the monthly subscription.
I don't think they've thought it through very well. I suspect they just got swamped, and are trying to capitalize on it. I too was very surprised for them to try to set it up as a subscription...I don't know how many folks will really have such consistent needs over time, or want to have all of the extras that make it worthwhile - i.e. their OCR and a special file name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Yes, a set is up to 100 pages with no rollover between books. The third dollar seems to stem from the "get a meaningful file name" option. Too much nickle and diming for my taste.
I don't mind paying on a pay-for-what-you-want basis. To me, $1 per set for the scanning is really worth it. And maybe even their OCR for $1 set isn't too bad, although I'm okay with my own OCR. But $1 per set for the file name is so laughable that I have trouble not falling out of my chair!

I'm just going to send whatever I want to send on the "basic" plan, put ticklers in my calendar so I don't lose track of what they owe me in the 2-3 months I have to wait, and then be patient. I do have a long enough TBR list, after all
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote