View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #86
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Soooo.....I just got an e-mail from the 1dollarscan folks, with an announcement of new and improved features on their website, AND....WAIT FOR IT...

NEW MEMBERSHIPS AND PRICING POLICY!!!!

The e-mail is pretty long, and I'm just quoting the new memberships and pricing policy part:

Quote:
Regular Membership

$0 subscription/month
Book Scanning $1/set
OCR: $1/set (All of our books are searchable if you purchase this option)
Book title option: $1/set (Your PDF file name will be book title)
Turn around time: 2-3 months

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platinum Membership

$99.99 subscription/month
Free scanning up to 50 sets ($150 value for $99.99. Include following options)
OCR: All of our books are searchable.
Book title option: Your PDF file name will be book title.
Expedited scanning. (5-10 business days)
Unlimited storage of your books on our server.
Amazon direct shipment: Now you can ship directly from Amazon order
No need to write order# on a box.
No need to count sets. We will count for you.
No Roll Over of unused sets to following month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be aware that,
as we introduce those new memberships and services,
old pricing and free OCR campaigns will no longer be valid.
I was sort of suspicious that they might get flooded, and have trouble keeping to the 2-4 week turnaround time they promised when I sent them my batch of books at the end of September. But 2-3 MONTHS for turnaround, unless you pay them $99 per month for a Platinum membership, which only makes sense if you want to buy their OCR and also want to pay them to have your PDF file name be the book title (how hard is that?).

Hmmmmm....2-3 MONTHS! WOW!

OTOH, without this service, I don't have the time to turn some of my "highly desired" DTB into e-books, so I guess my wait time would be years, or never, otherwise. So, I guess I'll still send along that second box I've been preparing. And then wait...and wait...and wait...

If anyone wants the full e-mail, please PM me, and I'll send it along.

Last edited by sufue; 10-10-2011 at 11:52 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote