View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #26
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miladysa View Post
Smashwords was really easy for someone like myself to use - what I know about tech you could write on the back of a postage stamp!

I would agree that there needs to be more characters allocated for book descriptions.

From what I have been able to see, my book has converted OK, however there is no way of my knowing what it looks like to other people on their ebook readers. It has been approved for their premium status so I presume that it has converted well?

I have a few writer friends who had been using Smashwords for a while and who also distribute their books directly with Amazon. As far as I am aware, they will be better off when they distribute to Amazon via Smashwords.
From an earnings pov, yes. From a control pov, not necessarily. It's still faster to do an upload direct to Amazon (a few days, versus waiting for the weekly/monthly upload that occur in batches from smash.) I point this out only because I've done a few minor changes to text (fixed an error someone pointed out in one of the books) and redesigned a cover slightly. That update took about 3 days to get on Amazon direct. I don't know how long it might have taken if I had to upload to smash and then wait for the next batch to go.

And I love smashwords--their support and efforts have been tremendous. These are just points to consider as things get off the ground. I think once things are streamlined, the points to consider will change!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote