View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
In html, the CSS Style Property: page-break-after allows for an "avoid" option so if you surround your image and subsequent caption with a <div style="page-break-after: avoid"> ... </div> construct, it should in theory not render the image on the page, if the caption cannot fit. The div construct should then be rendered on the next page and if the illustration is not too tall, then there should be room for the caption there.

I say in theory since on the ebookwise, the CSS Style Property "page-break-after" is broken and not recognized, so Mobi2IMP won't help convert this! Oh well.
Since I'm snatching the graphics from the PDFs at books.google.com, and then cleaning them up in Paint Shop Pro (akin to PhotoShop) or The Gimp, I figure I could just extend the image down and put the caption right into the image. Oversize images appear to get resized to fit, so if I get close in the final size from PSP, then it should be OK. Will try that out.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote