View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I don't want two files when one will do. I like to be able to add bookmarks and share with others and not have to worry about a second file. If you don't like the way Calibre's viewer works, why not use another EPUB viewer?
Fair point on not wanting more files to store bookmarks.

I would love an option available to not have bookmarks at all - so the books open at the top every time and the file remains untouched. One issue with "touching" it continuously is it means duplicate checking programs can't detect based on file CRCs. Also the way I happen to use Calibre is to never actually read a book on my PC (that's what my Kindle is for). However I do use the Calibre viewer (due to it's wide format support) to compare versions of books to decide a winner to keep. I do that by starting from the top of the book each time comparing covers/index and then a few pages for formatting etc. Having to navigate back to the top each time when the book has been left at some random page would be one less task
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote