View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #41
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I find with technical stuff I would read perhaps as much as a chapter fairly quickly to get the feel of what it's about, then have a break and go back later, reading much more slowly and in detail. With paper-based books I usually deface them with marginal notes, but with the kindle you can highlight and bookmark important bits. I would expect to read every chapter at least three times, and maybe more if I find I am forgetting anything important.

As others have said, trying to apply what you have learnt in the chapter is an important part of learning.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote