View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 03:00 AM   #31
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I find it strange that people do not vary the way they read things dependent on length and expected structure of the work.

I do read short stories in a different way. I don't burry myself in them like in big novels or triologies.

And when I start reading a short story I already know it is a short story. It won't take three full days to finish it.

I'm not constantly trying to calculate if all the different story lines should be wraped up in the next 13 pages or 15.2 minutes. For me that takes all the fun out of reading.

An important part of the reading experience is, for me, that the author brings me at a certain pace to a certain place/time/situation. And also suprises me if possible. If I want to know everything in advance, I would write my own book.

That is why I don't care about pagenumbers.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote