View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I love Stephenson's earlier work, but I couldn't finish Anathem. I saw this one in my local independent bookstore this week, but the $35 cover price killed the deal for me. Likewise $17 is a dealbreaker for an e-book. I'll pick it up once the paperback (hopefully) brings the e-book price down to something more reasonable.

I have been noticing a lot of typos in recent e-books; there were several in A Dance with Dragons. Just goes to show that no matter how prominent the book, there's always a few mistakes that slip through the editing process. Makes me feel a bit better about the gaffes that end up in my own writing, actually.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote