View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #77
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
I didn't realize it was updating all the opfs ... didn't actually think about it ...
but that should still be much faster than the unpack/count process, shouldn't it?

And doesn't Extract ISBN do the same thing? I've run that against entire libraries and the update process was a small fraction of the extract time.

I kinda expected similar runtimes to Extract ISBN, and from what you just said, kiwidude, the update processes are indeed the same (except that the last time I ran a bulk Extract ISBN was with an earlier version of Calibre).

I don't think it's an anti-virus issue. The libraries are excluded, as are the calibre and calibre-parallel processes. And the temp folder isn't excluded, so any AV delay should mostly impact the unpack/count process not the opf update ...

I'll try again when I can free up the computer, start from a clean boot, etc.
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote