View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #178
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgevalua View Post
Dear Author,
You asked below on some feedback from those who installed last version on 623 models.
The app does not launch on my PB 623 (Touch Lux Limited Edition). I click on application (I see it), the display refreshes than returns to its initial view, the application does not open.
-Downloaded pro version and unpacked it (pbimageviewer.app)
-Copied pbimageviewer.app in the application folder (I see the application in my applications list, so no pb up to now),
-I also copied app to the system/bin folder,
-I did not find "system/config/extensions.cfg" on my devise so in the system folder I created a subfolder config and there I copied your file config.cfg that you posted on the forum (it was a .txt file with your code that I changed to .cfg).
-I click on the application and it does not launch.
Could you help to resolve the problem, make the application work on my device?
Let me know if you need any additional information.
Many thanks in advance.
To start, would you tell me what the Device Model and firmware version is? You can find that information in the Settings->About_Device menu.

The copy in the applications directory is for looking at jpeg/png/tiff/... images that are stored in their own files. If you start it, you should see a Directory Chooser widget come up for selecting the directory the images are in. If that doesn't come up, then there definitely is some kind of binary incompatibility.

The copy in system/bin is automatically used by the Library app when you select an archive file (CBZ, CBR,...) to view. If you set up the extensions.cfg file correctly, then you should be able to see the archive files within the Library app, and if you do a long press on the archive file, you should see a menu with "Open" as one of the items. If you don't see that, then the extensions haven't been defined properly yet. If you do see that, then the Library app will try to launch system/bin/pbimageviewer.app to read the archive if you select it. However, if the copy in applications won't launch, then it's likely that the one in system/bin won't work either via the Library app.

Do you have WiFi access to your device? If so, are you willing to try to do some debugging via a telnet session to the reader?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote