View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #34
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
This is going off your post, but it's a general question for everyone who does read / delete. Do you also delete from your Kindle library if a) the book was free and b) you know you'll never want to read it again?

I'm wondering if I'm alone in the read / delete?
No, you are not alone. I don't like clutter in physical or electronic spaces. My kindles and smartphone have only content and apps that are used frequently or that (for books) are waiting to be read. This makes it easy to find what I want and uses fewer resources for indexing. I use Calibre, not Amazon's cloud, to store my books, and I back it up frequently. I generally don't delete books or magazines from the Calibre library unless they are truly worthless, because even "free" content took time to download, tag, and organize.

When I've finished a book on my kindle I not only delete it from the home screen, but clean up the device's files the next time I connect via USB. Otherwise the empty folders proliferate.

I find I like to keep some unread books waiting in my Calibre library, rewarding myself for finishing other books by deleting them from the kindle and downloading or sideloading a fresh supply. I think I get a jolt of dopamine from opening an unread for the first time and it somehow spoils the experience if I have a whole lot of books on my kindle that I've opened and read a page or two from.
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote