View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #60
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Yeah, almost everyone wants short quarter gains. Sprint a year or so back sold majority of their cell towers, to have some short quarter gains, but are leasing those same towers now. Can someone tell me how that makes sense?
I don't think that it is just a matter of short term gains. It's been a long time since I have looked into it, but as far as I know US tax law still encourages sale/lease back arrangements.

If there were no tax code, it is unlikely that companies would engage in sale/lease backs.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote