View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Torwan
Zealot
Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 (3G)
Small-budget tablet for a few tasks

Hello, everyone. I thought I'd ask this question here.

I'm interested in buying a tablet for a small price for a few specific tasks:

1.) Writing. It should be able to write simple texts on this machine. With simple, I mean like "TXT"-files. Text only, no need for special fonts, structure or anything. An equivalent to Windows Notepad will be sufficient. And if possible, no external keyboard. I can work with a tablet on a desk and typing with two hands or holding it and typing with one hand.
For this task, is 7" OK or should it be 10"???

2.) Secondary task is multi-media player. Videos like AVI and FLV, Audio (MP3), pictures (JPEG etc.).

3.) "Nice" would be a way to fill it with data with USB-connection to a computer or SD-card or something. No WiFi-only.

4.) If it could also work EPUB-files, that would be cool.

5.) Ah yes, and the budget. Target value is around 100 Euro/150 Dollars.

Superb internet connectivity, HD and other fancy stuff isn't necessary. This is supposed to be more like an offline-tool than an online surfing machine.

Any suggestions? And many thanks for answering this.
Torwan is offline   Reply With Quote