View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Cool! Definitely something I miss on tablets, so it's great news it's coming! Cause, even though it's just on few devices right now, it will spread, I'm sure!
It probably need a screen size around the 10" to be really convenient, but even on smaller screens it would be nice to have the feature available.
Multi-window interfaces have been tried before on portable devices - eg Windows CE had them back in the 1999/2000 timescale. The reason they went out of use is that companies like Microsoft and Apple, who do enormous amounts of research on user interfaces and usability, have found that such interfaces just don't work well on small screens. I strongly suspect that this will not catch on as a popular interface for o/s's like Android and iOS - it's just too fiddly to use.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote