View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontus View Post
I've been playing around with this. The best setup I've found is to export the mobi file to disk, rename it to remove all spaces
When you export the file to disk using the Save to disk feature, simply ticking the checkbox "Replace space with underscores" under Preferences - Saving books to disk will remove all spaces as you save the books to disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brontus View Post
and change the extension to prc. Then you can copy it via USB to the Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files. Then force close the Kindle app and reload it. 2 out of 3 times I've done this, the book will appear. If you fail to remove the spaces or fail to change the extension, the Kindle app will either not see the book at all or simply delete ALL your books off your phone.
As long as the book is in the basic .mobi format it is hard to believe changing the extension would be required. Since I have no desire to use Kindle for Android as my reading app I may never know first hand.

Let us know when you have something that works every time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote