View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #12
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by webfolk View Post
Being very new to this forum, I don't know the procedure for bringing this to Kovid's attention. Could you direct me to it? Thanks again!
I was able to reproduce this particular bug myself, but quite a bit of google searching just indicated this seems to be a common problem, no pages seemed to directly indicate it was due to the default Mac unzip util being a pile of !#@$. The common theme seemed to be "don't use the Archive Utility software".

Best bet for you would be to not use Apple's default software, install Stuffit or one of the other utilities mentioned. If you do have a link to a page which clearly indicates what makes the Archive Utility act stupid you could open a bug with Apple, and after that open a bug with Kovid at bugs.calibre-ebook.com and ask him nicely to work around Apple's Shenanigans...
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote