Thread: Heartbleed bug
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
No need to change passwords until they are definitely fixed as that might keep you at risk.
'zactly.

Everybody's gotta do what helps them sleep better at night. I get that. But here's the three scenarios I currently see regarding Heartbleed:
  1. They already got my personal info and I'm already screwed--even if I change my password now.
  2. I changed my password in time, but the site hasn't been patched against Heartbleed and my personal info is still vulnerable.
  3. The site has already closed the Heartbleed hole, and I'm changing my password because it's just good practice.

Other than making sure my passwords aren't silly-simple, I've come to the realization that I really don't have a single bit of control over my own online "security."

Even if I had absolutely no online accounts, the companies, and financial institutions I did business with would still store my personal info in hackable databases. *shrug*

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-10-2014 at 03:12 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote