View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #20
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
...Continued

I used Kindle Mobi Unpack to successfully extract the source .html from the .mobi. Yay!

For the lampshade entry search
Click image for larger version

Name:	lampshade.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	100804

Here is the extracted html. Please note the value= field

Name:	entry extracted.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	100805

Since file is UTF-8 encoded, here are the escaped UNICODE values \u0430\u0431\u0430\u0436\u0443\u0440 for абажур:

Name:	extracted entry Unicode.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	100808

According the Kindle Publishing Guidelines previous document, The value= is the hidden label to store in the index -- what the user enters in the search box to pop up the dictionary reference. Shown in hex, one sees that it matches the UNICODE :

Name:	extracted entry Hex.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	100811

Humm, all entries in the dictionary are similar and I see no trace of html <idx:infl> inflection tags.

I am still puzzled

To be continued...
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote