View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #27
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I've been a computer owner and user for about 31 years now, starting back when I bought my Commodore Vic-20 in 1982. I've been an ebook reader since I got my Sony 505. And I've been a teacher for 19 years.

I was never that fond of Apple products when we had to use them at school and I always prefered PCs, where I could tweak and customize them. At one point I built my PC from parts, just so I could have it just like I wanted it.

Then I saw the first iPad. When I held it in my hand, it was like magic. So I bought one. I used it every day. I had one problem and Apple Customer Service fixed it right away. When I saw the first ad for Siri, I thought "well, that's the phone for me." So I bought an iPhone 4S-- only my second Apple product and my first smart phone. One day after 6 months, the speaker cut out. Apple sent me a new one within three days. I'm still using that one. When the iPad 3 came out, I got one and passed my iPad 1 on to my daughter. I use my iPad 3 every day-- for reading, email, and games. My son has an Android tablet and he is always asking to use my iPad.

When I decided to replace my aging HP computer, I surprised myself and looked at Macs. It turned out that Apple was just introducing the new line of 2012 iMacs. I went to an Apple store (my first time there) and tried one out. I loved it. I ordered mine. It came last week. It's now on my desk and I love it. I especially love how I load Word and it opens so fast I can't read the splash screen.

I never expected to be an Apple fan. I'm not a person that needs the latest and coolest thing. I do like the fact that I turn my devices and they just work-- except as mentioned above.

I doubt Apples current troubles are more than a temporary thing. I expect them to come out with something nobody else has soon. But even if they don't. Even if they only improve their current products, I expect them to be around for quite a long time.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote