View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
davlewis
davlewis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi David and Kikar,

Thanks for all of the information, Kikar since you have both the PRS-505 and the Kindle 2 plus a Mac your experience is very enlightening.

I am really struggling with justifying the $389 (for the Kindle 2 plus cover) - and in reality based on what I have read of accidents that many people have had with ebook readers I would probably add the two year warranty and accident coverage to either of these. That makes the Kindle $453.99 total plus tax, or around $490 total. That makes it pretty difficult to justify the cost.

But I have maxed out my available space for keeping physical books, I had to finally take a bunch to a second hand book store last month and it killed me, not only for the amount of money I had invested, but I do go back and re-read books, in some cases years later, and now I have lost that opportunity (without paying for the books again!). The ebook readers make the physical space issue moot (of course all of us are dependent on continued file format support in the future, anyone want to bet that an ebook purchased today will still be readable 10 years from now, I have books older than that).

I have some serious thinking to do, again thanks for all of the assistance.

Dave..
davlewis is offline   Reply With Quote