View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
It could potentially be a missing '/':

Code:
src: url("../Fonts/Symbola.ttf");
Hi Tex;

Many thanks for your answer. Yes, I wrote the url bad but in my image in Sigil was ok. Finally, after lots of "trials and errors", I could find out what was wrong: font-size must be in PIXELS. Theorically, "em" size is supported by text inside a svg wrapper BUT doesn't work in Sigil (maybe a Sigil bug, I don't know). Also, the "y" position of the text, must be equal to the text-size (so, if the text is -for example- of 40px, then "y" has to be y=40). The correct code after all these changes would be:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.1" width="50px" height="40px">
<defs>
  <style type="text/css">
   <![CDATA[
    @font-face {
        font-family: Symbola;
        src: url("../Fonts/Symbola.ttf");
    }
   ]]>
 </style>
</defs>
<text x="1" y="40" style="font-family: Symbola; font-weight:normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 40px">
☙
</text>
</svg>
Many thanks again for answering.
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote