View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
No remote diagnosis - as expected

So ok, here is the next little update:
Conclusion from my discussion with the sony support is, that they don't want to do a remote diagnosis. Well, thats understandable. They told me to send it out to their repair center in texas and gave me the hint to do this via a friend or relative with an valid physical US adress otherwise the reshipping will be without any insurance. All in all the support was not that bad as i thought it would be. I got quick and friendly responses from them.

So i disassembled the device according to igorsk disassembly guide. I cleaned the reader internally and checked all cables as well as their connectors. I looked at the e-ink when i had it outside the case and indeed it doesn't seem to be broken.
After reassembly the reader acts as bad as before.

Next i will send it out to sonys repair center and see what they will say to it. Hopefully it will not be a wast of shipping costs...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote