View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #15
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
I cannot see why the necessity will be vanish. There will be enough PDF's being outside, and they still want to be read.
You seem to have misunderstood me. My apologies if I failed to make myself clear.

In the context of this discussion, my suggestion was that Format 8 and epub 3 could make make pdfs unnecessary for those who want to format graphics- and typography-intensive books from scratch.

Also note that I said this was possible, not that I was certain it would happen.

That said, thanks for your instructions and results-tested experience, which I'm sure will prove useful to those who lack the time and patience to start with a physical book (and I don't mean that as a put-down in any way).

Again, if you have the time, please post screen shots of your results so that we may admire them and decide whether or not we wish to try your approach with books that have been converted into pdfs already.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote