View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
jim.thornton
jim.thornton began at the beginning.

Device: Aztec EZReader (w/ Hanlin firmware)
Page breaks not working as expected

Okay, first let me say that I'm a newb when it comes to ebook readers in general and that I've basically taken a crash course in them.

I'm currently trying to take a book that was created in Word and convert it to the multiple formats available. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Created the book
2. Exported the format as HTML Filtered
3. Used Zapadoo Word Cleaner and converter to strip out the unnecessary HTML junk.
4. Tweaked the HTML coding (I'm familiar with HTML)
5. I have imported the CLEAN HTML book into Calibre
6. Formatted ePUB --> Took a while but I got it looking and acting as expected.

Now: I've tried converting the book into MOBI but it is not working as expected. First let me say that I've tried the input format as ZIP and ePUB but both result in the same unexpected formatting.

Basically my issue is that Calibre is not inserting the page breaks before the chapters and instead is creating continuous text.

I've been reading and searching for hours so I finally decided to post for some help.

Has anyone gotten this to successfully work. One site I was reading said to get Sigil editor to edit the ePub format and then input the edited ePub format back into Calibre. I don't really understand this because I can get the ePub looking exactly as I want within Calibre.

All I need to know is how to get page breaks in the MOBI file.

Please anyone?
jim.thornton is offline   Reply With Quote