View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
0.7.30 has an updated python 2.7 and there is a bug in that that affects calibre users who use calibre with an apple device. I have implemented a possible fix and re-uploaded 0.7.30. As I dont have any apple devices, I can't test the fix, so please uninstall, re-download 0.7.30, re-install and see if it works.

Make sure that your browser is actually re-downloading the file not using a cached copy (you can tell it is using a cached copy if the download finishes instantaneously).
Hi Kovid,

An update on my situation. Before installing 7.30 I was running 7.29 and also had python 2.7 installed on my computer. It is an Acer netbook running Win 7 starter. I had no problems with Calibre 7.29 or with python 2.7. I don't have any Apple/iTunes software on this computer.

When I first got the error message in 7.30, I uninstalled it and also uninstalled pyton 2.7. I tried to reinstall 7.30 and still got the message. Then I uninstalled 7.30 and tried to reinstall 7.29 and got another type of python error message saying:
'Bad magic number in C:\Program files\Calibre2\Lib\unittest\_init_.pyo(Error Code: 1).

I think when uninstalling 7.30, I did not remove all files and this caused the error in 7.29. Since then I have completely uninstalled 7.30, removed any files from it and reinstalled 7.29. Calibre 7.29 is working for now.

I don't think the problem is python 2.7 since I had python 2.7 installed with no problems, and I don't have iTunes on this computer. Plus 7.30 is working on an old laptop with iTunes running Win XP.

Hope this gets fixed soon. Calibre is a great program. If you need any more info, let me know.

Thanks,
Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote