View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #566
arthurdapaz
arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Some procedure... some mistake...

Hi guys. I need some hand.
I need to know If I am "killing" my .bin packagers... or if I did something wrong...

The initial description of my trouble is a bit , but then I clarify things according to the "screensaver" hack topic...

I'm using a brazillian Paperwhite Kindle (B020) and I am using the "KindleTool" to recreate the "python" installer and the "linkss" installer...

First, I download the original files on this thread. Second I extract their files using:
1. KindleTool extract update_python_0...bin temporary_folder/
2. KindleTool extract update_linkss_0...bin temporary_folder2/

(from now I will just use the python example, since I do exactly the same with linkss)

After extracted, I enter the temporary_folder/ and type:

KindleTool create ota2 --platform yoshime --cert 0 --device pwgbr . update_python...bin

It creates a perfect .bin file that I put on my Kindle's root folder, eject it from my computer. Then I go to Settings -> Menu -> Update your Kindle... And it asks to restart and installs the 'update' perfectly!

Here it goes: (the in-topic question)
With links's package, things proceed the same way. Except, after the installation, when I click to 'lock' my Kindle after the update has rebooted my device, it justs flash the screen, decrease my brightness to zero and seems to use the "last screen" as a screensaver...

But there is not "last" file on the links folder (defining this setup)... I also try to put some .png (well formated resolution), and added the "random" or "shuffle" file, and rebooted after each process to check if it works...

the same thing happens, it just flashes the screen.... and keep the last one as activated!...

What are the solution?
arthurdapaz is offline   Reply With Quote