Thread: Blue vs. Silver
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghead View Post
Intellectually, I know that they're both made of the same sort of plastic. However, on an emotional level, when I see the blue, I intuitively think "cheap plastic," but when I see the silver, I intuitively think "sturdy metal." As I said, it's an emotional reaction, not an intellectual one, but it's enough to give me an aesthetic preference for the silver one.

But I imagine I'm in the minority on that.
At the Sonystyle Store I purchased it from, I looked at both the Blue and the Silver, I purchased the Blue Reader. I can confirm that the Reader's body on both versions are made of metal. When you pick it up it is extremely thin, but you can see and feel the quality with the weight and look as you hold it and look at it. There is nothing cheap looking or feeling about it. Once you receive it, the buyers remorse will go away, you will be very satisfied with your purchase. Enjoy!
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote