View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #66
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
It's easier to chunk text in columns you can actually read much faster if you are starting out speed reading, also a split view would be nice for annotations / dictionary view.

I could see people using it for poetry and such, like a 70/30 view landscape would be great, having text on the left and important words/notes/highlights on the right. . .

I suggested this to the amazon dev team.. where you could put your cursor @ a word and click it to have it instantly put a dictionary/wikipedia definition inline but they ignore everything =(

Also if your book has a lot of short lines and natural whitespace (like poetry/plays) it will have LOTS of wasted whitespace in landscape mode >50% of the page will be wasted. Going to 2 page view in cases such as this would actually save space and make content look better. I can see the need for it, but it is content specific.

Another feature that would be nice is a way to switch from LOCATION view to LINE#+PAGE# view.. Because sometimes being able to see the LINE# is important. I don't even see what is so difficult about doing it. With a monospace font, 1 line could consist of X user defined characters, and Y lines could consist of 1 page, chapter breaks = start of new page as well.

I could think of many applications where I would like to be able to see line numbers and page numbers... again, poetry-plays-coding.

Most decent text editors will even tell you the line number, if not the col number when you move your cursor to that location in the text as well =X

Last edited by curstpriest; 01-12-2011 at 02:02 AM.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote