View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Old SciFi? 30 years ago perhaps?

I'm trying to remember the name of the books and author of a series of three (if I remember correctly) books about someone who has been moved from one planet to another three times, each planet being very different from the last. I don't remember the reason for this move.

Unfortunately, besides that fact that I enjoyed them, the only thing I remember was that one of the planets was very inhospitable to humans, and all had to be trained from infancy in survival, especially against some sort of large flying man-killing bug or bird. Each person had a special handgun that was keyed to their (something) that helped them to draw and fire more quickly to kill off these critters. The handgun almost jumped into their hands. The main character of the book has to be trained, by a small child, in how to take care of himself. I think.....
Not much to go on, is it?

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote