View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
> Sony will give me up to 100 classics

With the classics, also check the "E-Books" on this site - Menu near the top of the page - the same content but better formatted.

For more info, check the wiki - https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRS700

> Can i get a list of which formats should i look for when browsing to purchase? (without reformatting)

LRF, LRX, ePub, PDF, RTF, TXT

> Which formats can i convert to work with my reader?

LIT, PRC, HTML, at least

> Are some easier than others?

HTML - trivial, LIT - easy, but a bit involved the first time, PRC - a bit trickier the first time

> What programs do i need to use to do this?

Calibre, plus "ConvertLIT GUI" if the LIT is DRMed or mobidedrm if the PRC is DRMed

> Where would i get these programs?

Google

> What are the problems associated with buying in one format, then converting to another?

Mainly, finding the info / tools needed...

> What are the legalities of doing this?

Country-specific, so it depends on your location.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote