View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Thanks Bookpossum for enlightening me about a set of books that I had never heard of. In fact all the authors are new to me. I just picked three that seemed like I would enjoy the most.
It's funny how big and fascinating our world is. In my own ignorance, I wouldn't have imagined that there would be any reader in the world who wouldn't know of authors like David Malouf (in particular) and Tim Winton.

David Malouf wrote a novel called Fly Away Peter which is often studied in high schools in Australia - or at least was in my time.

I don't read nearly enough Australian authors and this challenge is a very welcome one for me. It was a spark of brilliance from Bookpossum in my opinion.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote