View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #59
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
I've scanned my first book. Some 400 pages. Took a couple of hours.
I've had my scanner two weeks, and finished scanning and OCRing (to a standard of "pretty good", not a standard of "absolutely flawless") my 39th book last night.

Back when I was trying to justify to myself buying the scanner, I had to ask if I had enough books I wanted in digital form that I already had in paper that, when I divide the number of books by the price of the scanner, I get a price I thought was reasonable. So far $224 / 39 means it has cost me around $5.75 for each digital copy. I hope, in the long term, to push that price at least below $2 and maybe below $1 before the scanner dies. (How many pages should I reasonably expect to get out of the lifetime of a scanner?)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote