View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hands-on review of the Iliad e-book reader!

There is now a hands on review of the Iliad e-book reader that we are so curious and excited about.

The author mentions that "iRex is keen to offer its content to readers through its own portal service. The idea is that you’ll be able to subscribe and then get downloads automatically, for example the daily newspaper sent in time for the morning commute via you broadband connection." Because it's device specific, the subscription plans were not of interest to the author, but I think it has a place. A lot of people are happy with daily Audible subscription news shows like New York Times or Wall Street Journal. I think that content aimed as single use is perfect for this sort of thing. And (ignoring the cost for a moment) I'd be much happier reading the daily newspaper on an Iliad than on real newspaper newsprint.

via TeleRead
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote