View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #75
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
But still - 12 years old.... Not a book or series destined for my TBR list I think...
She's 17 by now if that helps.

But seriously, we all have different tastes. I don't have a problem with a children's series having a protagonist who is both young and more resourceful, more lucky, more determined and a bit more skilled than your average child.

Young protagonists in children's adventure books have always been more resourceful, more lucky and more skilled than your average child, and pre-teen children defeating bad guys (including adults) in children's books isn't exactly a new or unusual development.

It happens to be my favourite current series (and yes, I'm an adult), but then, I always liked children's adventure stories with resourceful children defeating the bad guys.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote