View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #53
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Alright, people, update. I ran through the site yesterday and placed an order for a 350 page book. The charge was $4 through Paypal.

This morning I received the "order confirmation" email telling me where to ship it (which was good because I couldn't find an address on the website).

I'm shipping the book Media Mail for $2.60. So we're up to $6.60 for the conversion, it takes about 2+ weeks for the conversion to happen, and there will still be a conversion on my end to get the book into ePub form. No free lunch, eh?

Here is the fine print on the email:

Dear [redacted],
Welcome to 1dollarscan.com (zLibro) and thank you for your order.

We will start scanning from September 1st 2011 in the order of package arrival.

And please allow us 2 weeks to scan your material since the arrival of your package.

We are ready to receive package as of now so please send them at your earliest convenience.

Your Order Summary and Number:
Order Number: [redacted]
E-Mail: [redacted]
Name: [redacted]
Street Address: [redacted]
City: [redacted]
State: [redacted]
Zip: [redacted]

Total: $4
Books: 4 sets / $4

How to Send:
• All shipping and handling (including cost) to be the responsibility of Customer.
• We HIGHLY RECOMMEND to pay little extra to obtain a tracking number.
• On your envelop or box, please write your order number clearly so that we can identify.
• Make sure to print out this Order Confirmation email and include in your shipment.

1dollarscan.com (zLibro) address:
1dollarscan.com (zLibro, Inc.)
10 South Third St. 3rd Floor
San Jose, CA 95113
TEL: (650) 492-5111

Scope and Limitation of our Service (http://1dollarscan.com/terms.php):

i. General Limitations
- You must be at least 13 years old or older to receive the Services.
- Please be aware that some media (e.g., glossy photo-print paper) may not be able to be scanned despite of 1DollarScan’s best effort. Those documents that were not accepted will be returned to you.
- The original documents will NOT be returned after scanned unless specifically requested to be returned which will be subject to a return process fee of $5 per Unit. Return process fee and actual shipping cost to be borne by the customer..
- BOOKS WILL NOT BE RETURNED ONCE SCANNED REGARDLESS OF REQUEST TO RETURN.

ii. Paper Sheets
- The documents will NOT be accepted if staples, sticky notes (e.g., PostIt®) or any other removable objects are attached to media.
- All sheets must be unfolded.

iii. Business cards
- Only regular-size business cards (i.e., 2 inches x 3.5 inches) will be accepted.

iv. Books
- No more than 2.5 inches in thickness.
- No more than 11.7 inches in width.
- No MAGAZINES accepted.
- We don't scan the cover page. (This option will be available in Premium Service in the future)
- WILL NOT BE RETURNED ONCE SCANNED REGARDLESS OF REQUEST TO RETURN.

v. Photographs
- All photographs must be removed from a photo album or photo books.
- Some large size photographs may not be accepted.
vi. Greeting cards
- Any greeting cards with “frills” or “pop-ups” will NOT be accepted.

--------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards (please become a fan and like us on Facebook),

Frank William
support@1dollarscan.com
10 South Third St. 3rd Floor
San Jose, CA 95113

http://1dollarscan.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/1dolla...08034702617869
http://twitter.com/#!/1dollarscan
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote