View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Interesting question.

I think that, for me, it's a bit variable...
Perhaps this is why films of well-loved books are often a disappointment - they can't possibly match everybody's mental picture.
I would agree. Even though a description is given, my mind still interprets and creates a character's picture based on the info given and it's still very likely to be unique from anyone else's image. Now, if the main character is pictured on the front cover, that picture will stick with me throughout the book. The images one creates in their own mind are far better than any real person cast in the movie version. As it goes, the book is always better than the movie!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote