View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #16
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I am also about halfway through and though I like the book and find it very interesting it is a little bit too much fiction for me.

And the choice in the book club comes to early for me (yes, that's my fault, not your's). I have the book "The Forgotten Revolution"
(http://www.amazon.com/The-Forgotten-...1848850&sr=8-1)
about science in old Greece on my reading list and would have prefered to read this book beforehand.

Speaking of the middle ages there is a theory that a few hundred years have not been, are just an invention (the time around 700-900). I don't know if this theory has some truth or is just plain rubbish, but I find it quite fascinating and when reading historical books I always look if I can find some arguments for this or that point of view. In this regard I could find only very little in "The Swerve" until now. But this is of course not the topic of the "Swerve", just a sidenote by me.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote